Frequently Asked Questions
What is the required age to register for an American Heart Association course?
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course- 13 Years of age and older
- Family & Friends CPR 5 Years of age and older
- BLS Provider – 16 Years of age and older
Will I receive a certification card and when?
Yes– American Heart Association Certification Cards valid for 2 years are issued within 24 hours after
successful completion of the following courses:
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course
- Heartsaver First Aid Course
- Heartsaver CPR AED Course
- BLS Provider- Basic Life Support Course
- BLS Renewal Course
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the following courses:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Family & Friends CPR
What is the requirement for BLS Renewal?
Student must hold a current American Heart Association BLS Certification Card at the time of the renewal course.
How do I pay for the course?
Invoice for payment will be sent to your email upon registration. Online payment can be made or payment can be made upon arrival to the course with a Debit/Credit Card or Cash – NO Checks Accepted
Do I need to purchase a book?
No- Books are included with your course purchase
Do I have to pay separate for my Certification Card?
No, 2 year Certification Cards are included in your course purchase
What is included with my course purchase?
- The Selected Course Material – Online or Instructor Led
- Online Ebook or Hardback Student Manual
- Certification Card valid for 2 Years
- Access to the Training Center for 2 years while card is valid for Course Review and Hands-On Practice
What is the approximate length of each course?
Approximate times are given and can vary with class size
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course- 6-7 Hours
- Heartsaver First Aid Course- 3 Hours
- Heartsaver CPR AED Course-3 Hours
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course 6-7 Hours
- BLS Provider Basic Life Support Course 3-4 Hours
- BLS Basic Life Support Renewal Course 1.5 – 2 Hours
- Family & Friends CPR 2-3 HoursBloodborne Pathogens -1 Hour
Where do I attend the course?
Clark County Health & Safety
19 Wainscott Ave. Suite #16
Winchester, KY 40391
Can a course be scheduled to be completed at my workplace, school, church or organization?
YES! All courses can be brought to your facility.
Contact us at 859-556-5913 or Email:
email@example.com for more information.
What is the difference between Heartsaver CPR AED and BLS Provider CPR AED? Which course is right for me?
Heartsaver CPR AED Courses are for the following:
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
- Airline & Transit Employees
- Colleges & Universities
- Education/ Teachers/Childcare Providers
- Retail Employees
- Property Management
- Occupational and Environmental Health & Safety
- Fitness Center Employees & Personal Trainers
- Construction Crews & Management
- Food Service
- Hospitality/ Community Volunteers & Employees
- Law Enforcement
- State Correctional Facilities
BLS Provider Course is for any healthcare provider or first-responder or Student who needs to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills. The course provides prehospital
and in-facility tracks, and an accelerated renewal course is available for providers who have BLS experience and need to recertify.
BLS is the basic CPR and lifesaving course for:
• Nurse Practitioners
• Respiratory, Physical, and Occupational Therapists
• Interns and Residents
• Medical and Nursing Students