How to become an AHA Instructor
Step 1: Registration, Interview, Prerequisites & Order Instructor Materials
- Register for the course online or by contacting the training center
- Applicant interview will be set up with the training center via webcast or in-person
- Applicant must meet Instructor Prerequisites:
- Candidates must be 21 years of age
- Have a current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Be Knowledgeable & Proficient in skills
- Once the applicant has been accepted by the training center and meets prerequisite’s they will need to complete the following:
- Purchase & Complete the Instructor Essentials course online at elearning.heart.org prior to attending the Instructor Course and brings a copy of completion certificate with them.
- Purchase the Instructor teaching materials online at Worldpoint.com and bring with you to the Instructor course. https://www.worldpoint.com/training-centers/khst
Step 2: Instructor Essentials Classroom Course
Please bring the following Required Class Materials to the course:
- Instructor Essentials Completion Certificate
- Instructor Teaching Materials
- Copy of Current AHA Certification
Step 3: Instructor Monitoring
After the Instructor Essentials Classroom Course has been completed, applicants have 30 days to arrange their own course to be monitored by the training center.
Step 4: Certified AHA Instructor
If the Instructor monitoring was successful, you may begin instructing your own courses and issue certification cards. Instructors must renew their certification every 2 years.